Sunday, May 22, 2011

Un Jour Rouge

Today was a red nails, red lips, and red heels kinda day. Unfortunately my red heels did not take the journey across the ocean with me so they were replaced by silver espadrilles -no harm done.


I usually take advantage of the weekends by soaking up as much of Paris as I can, but this Saturday I decided to spend some quality time in my current hometown, Versailles. After a bit of shopping (never enough), and wandering around town, I went to the city's focal point, Château Versailles. It was a beautiful day so I decided to view the interior another time and peruse the beautiful gardens instead.

The garden is filled with fountains, labyrinths, flowerbeds, and pathways to get lost in, but my favourite thing about the park is the mini lake in the middle complete with picnicing onlookers scattered on its banks and picturesque rowboats dotting it's surface. Ahh, perfection.



Some more of my Versailles favourites


I love the feeling of living in a beautiful small town with everything you need,
next to the big city for everything you want.


Our own version of Notre Dame


Every street feels like it is straight out of a novel
(Some days are "red shorts" kind of days)


This pool of water is right next to our house, and used to be connected to some sort of fountain. It's no longer functional but it makes for beautiful sunsets and games of duck spotting with the kids.


Gardens! Everywhere! Spring has been so gorgeous because there are bundles of brightly coloured flowers everywhere you look!

Playlist of the day: It was a Beatles kind of day.

.

2 comments: